Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Trip home for Virginia's funeral

As you all know I went home for Aunt Virgina's funeral over the weekend. Although it was a sad occation, I had a good time getting to see everyone and all the extended family. I flew in Friday night and got to see Jared and Natalie and their kids over at Debi and Donnie's. What a treat! Lexi and Logan are adorable and it was so fun to see them since it's not often we're able to do that. Saturday morning we woke up early and Debi, mom and me drove to Bear River for the funeral. Jody and grandma had driven up the day before from Arizona. Penny also drove over from Woodruff that morning. The funeral was very nice and there were a lot of people there. Mom and Debi drove home after the funeral and so did Penny. Jody caught a ride down to Provo to see Kevin and his new bride-to-be. That left grandma and me to drive down to Tridell for the burial. I got almost 11 hours of grandma all to myself and it was great! We had such a good talk and I learned so much about all of the family. I'm surprised that she still had her voice left the next day after all the questions I had asked her and all the stories she told me during our drive. We finally got home around 1:30am Sunday morning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8398533@N05/sets/72157624091379076/show/


Sunday afternoon we had a BBQ at mom and dad's with Brandon, Britney, & the girls, Grandpa & Peggy, Grandma and Teresa. It was so fun. Monday mom and I did some shopping and then picked up all the girls and took them to Tauphas Park to play on a big playground. They had a ball! After that we took them to Leo's and met Dad, Grandma and Britney met us at Leo's for dinner and the girls got to run around and play even more. Those girls are so cute I can't even describe it so the pictures and video's will have to speak for themselves.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8398533@N05/sets/72157623967171603/show/


1 comment:

  1. jealous of the time you got to spend with family. Thanks for posting photos from it!

    ReplyDelete