Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm here!

So I decided to join the bandwagon and create my own blog page. I haven't had much to blog about in the past weeks until recently. So here goes with a quick update for everyone.

I think everyone knows by now that I started a new job last Thursday. I'm really excited and blessed to have this job. It's going to be a new adventure for me, not doing exactly the same thing that I had been doing before so that's both exhilarating and frightening. My official title is "Sr. Director of Operational Systems and Processes". I know that's a mouthful but it's basically just a made-up title to try and describe the made-up role they created for me at this company. It basically encompasses that I'll be in charge of making sure all the departments are running their systems and processes effectively and efficiently. So we'll see how it goes! The company is called Siperian and it's located in almost South San Francisco, a town called Foster City. It's right at the base of the Bay and I see wind surfers out our front window every day...so that's kinda cool. It's a bit of a commute but not as bad as I was originally expecting. It takes about 30-35 mins to get to work in the morning and about 45 to get home. I just have to load up on some good CD's and/or books on tape and I'm set!

In other news I recently went to see the play Wicked again. This was my second time seeing it and I loved it just as much. It's such a fun and creative play. I went with two friends from church and we had a really good time. I love going up to the city...there is so much character up there! I always have a good time.






Prior to that I went out Sea Kayaking a couple of times last month. We were supposed to be whale watching...and I guess we did that...just didn't see any whales! Well, I take that back, I did catch a glimpse of the back of one. But I did get to see dolphins, sea otters, and of course sea lions. It was so fun to be right there floating on the top of the sea....right up close out in the middle of the open ocean! I did get sea-sick both times after I'd been out about 1 1/2 hours but not super terribly sick...just that not feeling so well feeling. I lasted another hour and then was ready to head in. It was really fun and I want to try it again and see if I can get used to it. It's great exercise for your arms too!!











2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you caved! Oh the horror. I'm afraid Mom and Dad are going to get rid of theirs soon though just because everyone else is starting their own blogs. And they haven't updated in 10 months so...:) I've added your blog to my list of favorite websites. We are good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope mom and dad don't get rid of it, I still like to get recipes off of it, It is the only way I don't lose them!

    ReplyDelete