Monday, June 8, 2009

Dad's Visit


What I rode to work in...like the stiletto red shoes?

So my dad rode his bike here from Idaho Falls last Friday and he rode right to my front door at work! That was pretty cool. I rode to work that day so he came up and had a quick look at where I work and then we took off and rode back to my place. Since mom wasn't here we went out to eat at ethnic places, which both me and dad really like. Friday night we went to a Pakistani restaurant called DishDash. It's delicious!! If I could remember how to spell the dishes I would tell you but I can't even pronounce them. One had beef, rice, cinnamon, raisins, garbanzo beans, and some kind of yogerty sauce. The other dish had chicken with onions wrapped in a filo dough-type of thing and then a tangy yellow sauce. They were both delicious!!! Then, we walked down the street to this fondue restaurant and had chocolate fondue for desert. YUM!!









A couple of the girls aren't in this picture, but this is most of us...

Then the next day we went on a long Hells Angels poker run bike ride. It was really nice and took us about 2 hours south of San Jose through Gilroy, San Juan Batista, to Hollister. We rode with all the biker girls from my club and the weather was perfect for a ride. When we got home we rested a bit and then went out to the movies and saw The Land of the Lost. It was dumb but still funny.















A couple of missionaries walking thru the bikers!


Dad on the Rocket Boat.










Sunday we went up to the city. We rode a new attraction they have called the Rocket Boat. http://www.sanfranciscotours.us/tours/tourDetail.cfm?tour_id=10750&gclid=CMeL0pa4_JoCFSRPagodrXG6dw
It was a BLAST!!! It's like a 30 min thrill ride from an amusement park. They play loud rock and roll music and just tear it up all over the bay. We went around under the Bay bridge and over by the Giant's stadium and then around by Alcatraz. After that we walked around Pier 39 and dad had some 'authentic' clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. We walked along and took in all the sights which down at the wharf are mostly very odd and strange people doing odd and strange things for attention and money. I love watching all the freaky people in the city! After that we went up to the top of Telegraph Hill and looked around Coit tower. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coit_Tower We had to park at the bottom and walk up and dad thought I was making him do a marathon. On the opposite side of the hill where we climbed up is where the wild parrots of San Francisco live. So we had to climb down that side to go see them. Then dad thought he was going to die again climbing up to the top to go back to the car. He said it was more than a year's worth of exercise in one day. lol :) Mom would have stayed in the car if she was there. :) After that we tried to find the Painted Ladies...the famous houses that look over the city that you see in a lot of TV shots of San Francisco, but we couldn't find them. If we could have called Robyn I'm sure she could have guided us there over the phone from Korea, but I'm so directionally challenged I couldn't do it. Guess we'll have to save that for next time! Today I got up and went to work and left dad a long list of chores I needed done around the house. Like tightened the legs on the dining room chairs, fix the towel rack in my bathroom, fix the light and faucet in my roommates bathroom, fix some lights that were burnt out, and fix the wheels on the sliding closet doors in my roommates room. When I got home from work he had it all done! I need dad to visit more often!! To pay for his services I took him out to a fancy Indian restaurant (that's the country India not native American). We had a really fancy pear salad...I should have taken a picture of it it was so pretty. The other dish was some kind of squash and veggie dish and the other one was a really yummy chicken curry dish. Now dad is leaving in the morning to head home. He says he's missing mom and wants to get back to her. But before he does that he's going to ride down the coast and then over to Arizona to see Becka. That's going to be a nice bike ride! Wish I could join him. :)






4 comments:

  1. first of all--- you look AWESOME!!!!!!
    second- I probably could have guided you to the Painted Ladies :)
    you should get the new iPhone, it now orients to the way you're facing on google maps, looks pretty cool. ;)
    I'm jealous, it looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've got your own blog now April - it'll be fun to follow your exciting adventures! We here in Idaho don't have any of those - unless you count the zoo. Or maybe the fireworks. Yup, that's about it. And I second Robyn's comment - you look AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry. . . "Nana" above is me, Aunt Debi. I finally figured out how to get my comment through I guess, but I don't know how to change the Nana. So now you know it's me. Nuf said:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey April,
    Didn't you take a trip to China recently? :) You'd think that would make the cut in "blog world." Just giving you a hard time...I'm one to talk, huh. How is work going? Still super busy?
    Brit

    ReplyDelete