One thing that did happen was Halloween and this year I actually decided to dress up for work and also attend my ward's trun-or-treat, which I've never been to before. I wore the Raggedy Anne costume that my mom made about 25 years ago and it was a BIG hit. I won 1st place at work in the costume contest. For work I wore the costume as "Raggedy Anne gone Chucky" For the ward party I was the regular nice Raggedy Anne and everyone at the ward party couldn't stop talking about it. :) We also had a pumpkin carving contest at work and I won 3rd place in that. So all-in-all it was a pretty fun halloween. I even made my poor cats dress up (for about 5 mins)...Sasha wouldn't play so Gimly had to wear hers for her. (Yes, I'm the true cat lady I know!)
1st Place prize for costume contest -- $30 Starbucks Gift Certificate... you probably can't see but Raggedy Andy has a knife to his chest....lol
He's thrilled can't you tell?? lol
For Thanksgiving I usually have friends over who don't have family things to go to. But this year I just didn't feel like going to all that hassle and I had a lot of stuff to catch up on for work and at home. But then Wednesday afternoon I had a friend call who wanted to do something so we decided to drive down to Carmel and go to the beach there and then out to dinner. At the beach there was a man singing with rabbits on his head...that was interesting. And I couldn't believe how crowded the beach was. It was a beautiful day, sunny and in the mid 60's. The restaurant we went to was a fancy one right on the cliffs off Hwy 1. You pay way too much for the food but 1/2 the cost is the scenery. That ended up being really nice, but a far 2nd to being able to be in IF sitting there with my beautiful neices! Thanks to dad for posting the awesome videos of what I missed out on.
Here's the restaurant...see the great view?

wow! another post! I was so excited! I didn't hear about you dressing the cats up- I totally laughed out loud at those pics. Too cute!
ReplyDelete